Cybersec NordVPN equivalent?

ODPOWIEDZ
no avatar
antelope

Cybersec NordVPN equivalent?

czwartek 24 sty 2019, 15:06

I like the cybersec funcfion from NordVPN to Block ads. Can we use equivalent funcfion with airVPN?

no avatar
wilkinspacked

Re: Cybersec NordVPN equivalent?

czwartek 24 sty 2019, 15:07

But if you mean Air implementing a feature like Nords, then no, because that's not Airs job to do and is more of a marketing gimmick to insinuate more features, rather than something which is actually crucial for security.

no avatar
celebratebeh

czwartek 24 sty 2019, 15:08

wilkinspacked pisze:
czwartek 24 sty 2019, 15:07
But if you mean Air implementing a feature like Nords, then no, because that's not Airs job to do and is more of a marketing gimmick to insinuate more features, rather than something which is actually crucial for security.

Problem with pi-hole is that it is not browser aware, and cannot adjust content based on filters unlike uBlock Origin.
As an example, take your pi-hole rules, and try to visit a heavy ad-infected site like BBC/CNN/NYT.
Do you see the issue? Pi-hole will nullroute the ads. but leave blank spaces in your browser.
The new adlocking technology is not only about sending trackers to 127.0.0.1, but also about re-drawing the origin.
Solutions like uBlock Origin are better for desktop users. Pi-Hole is better for mobile devices without native ad solutions.

no avatar
antelope

czwartek 24 sty 2019, 15:09

Providing PPTP should be considered negatively at least when some security is required. About the VPN servers amount, it looks like we have more servers than ExpressVPN. In the machines amount, we only count real, physical machines with a dedicated line and port, or at least a dedicated line for each of our racks.

no avatar
wilkinspacked

czwartek 24 sty 2019, 15:10

It also looks like we provide a greater variety of protocols and destination ports, with the options to tunnel OpenVPN in additional stunnel and SSH tunnels, but we might be wrong, and a wide array of ports and alternative, partially hidden entry-IP addresses.

no avatar
celebratebeh

czwartek 24 sty 2019, 15:11

wilkinspacked pisze:
czwartek 24 sty 2019, 15:10
It also looks like we provide a greater variety of protocols and destination ports, with the options to tunnel OpenVPN in additional stunnel and SSH tunnels, but we might be wrong, and a wide array of ports and alternative, partially hidden entry-IP addresses.

I use AirVPN and sometimes ExpressVPN for Netflix (because it still works). But something irritates me: When i check the logfiles of the ExpressVPN app i see that their actual app uses OpenVPN 2.3.14 which is at least two years old. AIR uses 2.4.6 in the newest Eddie beta. Is using an old version of OpenVPN something concerning or doesn´t it matter much in terms of security if the servers of the VPN Provider are patched with new versions of OpenVPN and just the clients run old OpenVPN versions?

no avatar
antelope

piątek 01 lut 2019, 14:29

Streaming enables video lovers top access their content online at the comfort if their devices. Below are some of the reasons why video streaming may be blocked

To prevent copyright infringement where the video content has not been agreed upon with the country and the content owners
To limit the exposure of the citizens to less useful information
To maximize and Maintaining Productivity, or less the privacy of company data
For immigration purposes, if you leave a country, its information remains behind too
Before you embark on unblocking the content, it’s useful to know how states block video streaming

Blocking the IP address of the site
Blocking or redirecting a domain name from the server
Analyses and filter data
Completely cut off people from the network
How to unlock video websites

ODPOWIEDZ