Website snapshot software!

ODPOWIEDZ
no avatar
sgufgdsuyfgdf

Website snapshot software!

czwartek 26 sie 2021, 17:21

Is there any way of getting a website snapshot and convert it automatically to gif or jpeg or anything?
I need a fast and easy tool.
Please reply urgently.

Thanks.

no avatar
cvyvudvvcdsvc

Re: Website snapshot software!

czwartek 26 sie 2021, 17:23

It would be a two or three step process.

You would need to get if you haven't a program like Paint.Net, it is free, and very good.

1. open paint.net minimize it
2. take a snapshot using alt-print screen
3. maximize paint.net
4. under edit click on 'past into new image

then you can save this in whatever format you wish to use(jpeg, gif, png)

This may not be the answer you are looking for BUT it is worthwhile considering
Hi

no avatar
fghidfgufdgfdg

czwartek 26 sie 2021, 17:23

This is where Firefox with it's add-ons is great.

There are a number of add-ons for Firefox that can do this, but the one I use is called Screengrab,
It can save the complete page, just what you can see, or a manual selection to a .jpg or .png, or copy it to the clipboard.

no avatar
cvyvudvvcdsvc

czwartek 26 sie 2021, 17:24

I purposely left out this add-on for two reasons:
1. not all use FF(Firefox) and thereby useless to anyone not using FF
2. this add-on has many features missing or absent

While I do use FF as my primary browser, in designing web sites I not only use FF but also IE, Safari, Opera, Chrome and Maxthon to test the web site and therein configure WeBuilder to use them. Btw, Maxthon is extremely popular in Asia with almost 1 billion users

It is important to do so IF one takes into account validation that is to say W3C validation for the web sites therein testing with all of the top major browser types is a prudent technique. WeBuilder IMHO will become even more viable when it will support html5 which I hope is in the near future.

Hence using a program called 'cropper' together with paint.net will achieve the best of two worlds and can be used with whatever browser one is using.

Check out Cropper.
Hi

no avatar
fghidfgufdgfdg

czwartek 26 sie 2021, 17:24

Ashampoo makes a great snapshot software program called Snap 3 and also Snap 4. I have the Snap 3 and it works great. You can copy the whole page or just a section of the page and there are numerous ways to save it. I usually save it to the clipboard. The Snap3 costs $9.99 and the Snap4 about $19.99. I have never tried the Snap 4 as I am well satisfied with Snap 3. You can download it and try it for 30 days for free. Arnie007

ODPOWIEDZ